About Peter Bourke
Peter Bourke's background includes:
- 28+ years of work experience with global companies including IBM, Nynex (now Verizon), Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), and most recently President of the Human Capital Consulting and Outsourcing division of Spherion, a $2 billion staffing and human capital corporation
- Currently a Principal at the Complex Sale, a sales training and consulting firm
- Author of numerous thought-leadership white papers covering topics including alternative recruiting models and the "people" side of outsourcing
- An accomplished speaker on various topics, including the future of outsourcing, trends associated with today's emerging workforce, and the keys to finding the right work for the employed, misemployed, and unemployed
- Volunteer Board Chairman of Crossroads Career Services (www.CrossroadsCareer.org) since 2004
- Founded a career ministry in 2003 called Christ Centered Career groups, which has a small group focus on serving the practical, emotional, and spiritual needs of career explorers (www.C3G.org)
- Married 28 years with three grown daughters.
What sets Peter Bourke's message apart is his unique combination of a strong analysis of the changing U.S. job climate and the resulting impact on working Americans; a research-based look at the abundant opportunities for flexible and life-enhancing work that are available to Americans for the foreseeable future; and a motivational, faith-based approach designed to encourage the misemployed, underemployed, and unemployed to think creatively and respond proactively to transform their work life. Peter gives people the career tools they need to overcome the worries, fears, and other obstacles that stand between them and the life they've always dreamed of. The ultimate goal is to lead readers and audiences to either change their paradigm about today's career or endeavor to find the work that is consistent with their purpose, God-given talents, and passions which allows them to flourish in this new world of work.